Friday, June 27, 2014

Mmmmmh .... flowers!

I was going to start this post by saying. "I love flowers with petals." But as I went thru my albums in iPhoto - I thought, "Gee, that is brilliant Valerie, all flowers have petals."  So I how 'bout I just say ... "I love flowers!!

There is just something about flowers - I am so intrigued. It started when I started taking macro photography. Flowers are the perfect photo subject. They don't move (unless there is a breeze) and they pose so wonderfully! Here are some of my favorites from the past few years.

I don't know all of their names - I guess I could look them all up - and most  likely I will at some point this summer but for now I am just enjoying looking at my 'virtual' garden of blooms.



Marigold - my mom always planted these. I guess I always plant them each year because it reminds me of growing up. 



 Orange Cone Flower (Echinacea)
 

I found these plants at the Clarence Town Hall Park. I think if my mom had ever seen them - she would have had them planted in front of our orange house :)





 
 Sunflowers


And finally the Gerber/Gerbera Daisy


 These flowers are so photogenic. I love their petals. 
I tried researching the difference (to see if there is one) between the two names.
Having a little trouble with that. Would love to know what you know.
Are the Gerber and Gerbera Daisy the same flower with two names
- or are they different flowers all together?



1 comment:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful post. I love flowers as well. I don't need to know their names to enjoy them.